Sunday, September 11, 2011

Of Mice and Men finished

Of Mice and Men was a terriffic book. I feel so accomplished just because it is considered a classic, and I finished it in two sittings. It was only 107 pages, and a lot of dialouge. Not a very thick read at all. The plot line was somewhat predictable, yet it kept my attention to the very end. The ending was sad, as George had to kill Lennie, so he could die while he was happy. While he was thinking about the dream farm that George had always promised him. Steinbeck does a great job of creating dynamic and distinct characters in such a short book, I thought. I also learned about the what it would be like to be a worker on California ranges during the 1930's. I've always wanted to know. Maybe that's why I enjoyed this book so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment