Friday, September 30, 2011

No Country For Old Men Speculation

At this point in the story, Llewellyn's wife Carla Jean and her mother, who has cancer, are on their way to El Paso, Texas. Llewellyn instructed his wife to leave Odessa because Chigurh knew she was there. However, I'm fairly certain that it doesn't really matter where anybody goes in this book, Chigurh will always be able to find them. I can't wait to finish this book because I really have no idea where the ending will go. I'm not sure if McCarthy prefers the happily ever after ending, or the total death and destruction ending, or somewhere in between. I'm curious to find out. I'm guessing, with the way the novel has progressed thus far, that it will be closer to the total death and destruction ending. But I guess I'll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment