Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Kurt Vonnegut, The Man and The Song

I have now decided to read Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. It's a bit of a change of pace from my last book. I actually picked out this book in a unique way, no one recommended it to me. I've recently been listening to the band Born Ruffians, and one of my favorite songs by them is called "Kurt Vonnegut". When I saw this book on Mr. Hill's shelf, I did sort of a double take, because I had no idea he was an author up until that moment. How ignorant of me. I went home and googled Kurt Vonnegut, and found that he'd written a great many books. So, I've decided to read this book because if he's a good enough author to inspire that great of a song, which I recommend you all listen to, then I ought to at least try reading one of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment