Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Currently

Pages this week: 102
Pages last week: 110
Total Semester: 777

3 Favorite Sentences of the Quarter:

1) "The first rule about fight club is you don't talk about fight club."
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

2) "That left the police, who must think that he thought that they thought that he thought they were very dumb."
No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

3) "There are no clean getaways."
No Country For Old Men movie poster

These have definitely been my favorite sentences. Without sentence number 1, the whole book of Fight Club would fall apart. Well, maybe not. But it would not be as memorable a story, or as fascinating a concept without that sentence. I'm confused as to why Palahniuk uses "about" instead of "of" in the sentence. Oh well. It makes it kind of different I suppose.

The second sentence, although it's tough, is actually possible to comprehend. It has taken me a long time and a good amount of read-throughs, but I think I understand it now. You really have to think about it for it to make sense. But it caught my attention

The third sentence just makes me think. It's the perfect movie caption for a movie poster. It makes you want to watch the movie and see what happens. I haven't seen the movie yet, and I guess it won't be as suspensful when I do because I've read the book, but I really want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment