Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

Before I started this class, I would read very seldom on my own, not because I don't like reading, but rather because I'm not a fan of reading multiple books at once, and I'm almost always reading a book for a required English class. Right now it's David Copperfield. I took this class because I wanted to become a better writer, and to become a virtuoso in the art of applying new vocabulary in a pragmatic way, whether it be on the SAT, or on this blog, or anywhere else. I wasn't so excited about the reading part of the class, at first, but I surprised myself by finding it rather easy to pick out books that interested me. I enjoyed all the books I picked, and didn't struggle with any of them, but I rarely went too far out beyond the 100 page quota, simply because I was busy with a lot of other things.

I would find myself reading in silence usually, I rarely play music while I read unless I can't find a silent place in my house that has adequate lighting to read. Then, sometimes, it is necessary to put on some tunes that will drown out what's around me. Usually some sort of instrumental music is ideal. Anyways, I usually read in the evening, generally after dinner, and usually in a room by myself. It takes me a few minutes to really get into a book, but once I do, I find that I effortlessly fly through the pages, often finishing half, or all, of my quota in one sitting.

After this class comes to a close, I will make an effort to read more, especially if a time shows up during which I don't have any required reading for other classes. If my friends have read books, I talk to them about some of the things I liked about it, generally about characters, or in simple allusions in conversation that makes other people feel left-out because they haven't read these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment