Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Founding Brothers intro

I have decided to read a book called Founding Brothers by Joseph J. Ellis. It is one that I have been meaning to read for a while, but I've never gotten around to it. Reading a non-fiction book about history would probably bore most people, especially a book that recounts events 230 years past. But, I find history interesting, and enjoy the learning about the early period of our country. Founding Brothers, as I understand from what I've heard about it, tells the story of our "founding fathers" in a narrative style, which deviates from the boring and uninteresting effect textbooks create for the reader. The book is split up into six sections, each of which describes in detail one historic event that helped to shape this country. Chapter 1 is entitled "The Duel." It's not too long of a book, some 250 pages. Still, it should be an interesting read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment